Plan and manage the production and shipment of product, with an emphasis on Safety, Quality and On-Time performance. Clearly communicate to all cell team members the company-wide and cell-specific goals and objectives. Work to eliminate those obstacles which may prevent the team from obtaining those goals. Provide for continuous training of all team members, with particular emphasis on new employees. Motivate and coach all cell team members toward personal growth, thereby increasing the versatility, flexibility and effectiveness of the cell team, both individually and as a whole. Practice and reinforce LEAN principles, such as Visual Management techniques, one-piece flow, TAKT board scheduling, set-up reduction, Kanban practices, 5-S principles and Kaizen.
- This position of Production Manager will be responsible for Machining and Fabrication departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with 5 years of relevant machining or fabrication leadership background.
- Drive improvements and improve employee engagement through lean principles and best practices.
- Previous experience in a manager/supervisory role.
- Attention to detail and decision-making skills.